I respect the privacy of children and “child” means an individual under the age of 18. All information and content on this website is intended for individuals over the age of 18. Children under the age of 18 are prohibited from using this website.
I do not knowingly collect, use or disclose personal information from children under the age of 18 without prior parental or guardian consent. If you believe personal information is collected from someone under the age of 18 without parental or guardian consent, then please contact me to have that information deleted.
WHAT INFORMATION IS COLLECTED AND WHY IS IT COLLECTED
When you access the website, you may provide certain personally identifiable information including but not limited to your name, email address, address, avatar image.
This information is collected when you register on the site, subscribe to a newsletter, contact me, use the search feature on the website, provide comments or any other feedback, or enter any other information on the website to communicate with me. You can always refuse to supply personal identification information, except that it may prevent you from engaging in certain website related activities.
Your personal information is used to personalize your experience, improve the website to better serve you, provide customer service support, efficiently process your requests or transactions, tailor advertisements to you, elicit reviews of services or products, provide you offers, promotions and to follow up with you through correspondence. I may also use this information to provide you offers and promotions from my partners and/or my affiliates in exchange for a commission without additional cost to you.
Additionally, like other websites, this website automatically collects certain information about you through Log Data and Google Analytics. Log Data is information about your computer’s Internet Protocol Address, which is your “IP” address, browser information, Internet Service Provider’s information, your operating system, and your browser type. Similarly, Google Analytics collects certain information about your location, browsing history, the pages you visit, equipment you used to access the website, traffic patterns, and other general patterns related to your use of the website.
My site may also collect information about actions you take when using the website, such as links clicked.
This information is used to analyze website statistics related to user behavior and interests, improve our performance and your use of the website and to further enhance our products and services offered to you.
COMMENTS AND SOCIAL MEDIA
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so any follow-up comments can be automatically recognized and approved instead of holding them in a moderation queue. When you leave a comment, your name, email address and website/organization name is not shared with a third party, and may be used to communicate with you.
Social media accounts and sharing options are available on this website. Social media sites can track your personal information. Should you choose to interact with me on social media, please note that you will be voluntarily disclosing that personal information. This information is no longer private. It becomes public information and can be collected and used by others. I have no control over and take no responsibility for the use, storage or dissemination of such publicly disclosed personal information by you.
Any such interactions via comments and social media with me do not subject me to any kind of liability related to misuse of your information by others.
You can decide to withdraw your consent at any time.
What are Cookies, web beacons, pixel tags and similar technologies?
A cookie is a small piece of data that our website asks your browser to store on your computer or mobile device. Generally, it contains certain information that is not personally identifiable to you, but is used to improve and personalize your web experience. For example, a cookie can include the date and time of visits to the website, the pages viewed, the time spent on the website and the sites visited just before and just after it.
Some of the pages you visit on the website may also collect information through the use of web beacons, also called pixels, image tags or script tags. They are small files or pieces of code that may be loaded on our website and they are used in conjunction with cookies.
Types of Cookies, web beacons, tags and similar technologies
The cookies, web beacons, tags and similar technologies can be grouped based on their characteristics or purpose.
Based on length of their expiration period, cookies can be session based or persistent ones.
- Session cookies only last for as long as the session and they expire at the end of your current visit to the website. They allow to link your actions during that particular session.
- Persistent cookies are stored on your device in between browser sessions, allowing to remember your preferences or actions across multiple visits or sites.
Based on ownership, cookies fall into two categories:
- First-party cookies are those set and managed by me and my website that is being visited by the user at the time in order to preserve your preferences.
- Third-party cookies are placed in your browser by a domain, and a vendor, that is not this website that you are currently visiting. My website sets third-party cookies from analytics and marketing partners and vendors.
Cookies, web beacons, tags and similar technologies, managed by me or third-parties, serve various purposes on the website. Based on purpose, they can be either essential for the functioning of the website or enable me with extra functionality such as tracking trends and movements of the users, analyzing demographic information, provide performance and analytic data about the website and serve advertising. Based on the purpose they are classified in the following categories:
- Strictly necessary cookies: these cookies are necessary for the website to function. They can be used for technical purposes. You cannot manage this type of cookies in our system and to disable them, you’ll need to switch them off across-the-board in your browser settings. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but please note that some parts of the site will not work in this case.
- Analytics cookies: I use analytics services by third parties to collect information about the use of this Site, such as number of visits, pages visited, popularity of certain content. Analytics tools use tracking cookies to recognize your device and compile information about you. They collect information such as what pages you visit and how much time you spend on these pages, the IP address assigned to you, what operating system and web browser you use, and what site you visited prior to visiting our website. If you disable these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site, and will not be able to monitor and improve its performance.
- Functional Cookies: These cookies enable our website to provide enhanced functionality and personalization. They may be set by me or by third party providers whose services are added to the pages. If you do not allow these cookies then some or all of these services may not function properly.
- Targeting Cookies: this website includes marketing cookies provided by third parties. That allows these parties to collect information that you have visited this website and were interested in certain offers. It also uses beacons, tags, click tracking codes and scripts to analyze trends and movements of users around the website, gather information about user base as a whole, and how I can improve my website, to provide advertising based on activities and interests and to measure advertising effectiveness. As a result I may display targeted, or interest-tailored offers based on the products you currently own or have recently viewed and deliver other communication more relevant to you and your interests outside of my website, on other websites part of the third party’s network.
When you leave a comment on my website, you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
This information is only collected to better serve and understand your user experience on the website. You have the option of turning off cookies on your computer should you wish to do so. If you choose to do that, you may not be able to view all features and content of this website.
A list of the cookies I use on my website classified in each category can be found in our designated Cookie Settings tool. For the composition of the list of cookies in each category my website is scanned with cookie scanning tool regularly to maintain it as accurate as possible.
How do you manage, control or block cookies?
You can manage your preferences regarding Cookies by modifying them in the designated “Cookie Settings” pop-up tool on the website.
You can also modify your Cookie preferences directly from your browser. Almost all browsers allow to detect Cookies and block them automatically. Please note that if you disable my website Cookies or Cookies in general in your browser settings, this will prevent Site functionally-required cookies and certain sections or features of my website will not work.
Browser settings are usually found in the ‘Options’ or ‘Preferences’ menu. Browser-specific help with cookies can be found in the links below. For further information, we recommend referring to the documentation of your browser.
- Internet Explorer –https://support.microsoft.com/en-GB/kb/278835
- Chrome –https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en-GB
- Firefox –https://support.mozilla.org/en-GB/kb/delete-browsing-search-download-history-firefox
- Safari –https://support.apple.com/kb/PH5042?locale=en-GB
- Opera –http://www.opera.com/help/tutorials/
Changes to the Cookies Policy
I reserve the right to modify this Cookies Policy at any time. If I decide to change my Cookies Policy, I will post the updates here. I reserve the right to amend, update or adapt this Cookies Policy to reflect any changes in the functionality of my website, legislation or in the interpretation by the relevant data protection laws.
HOW I USE COLLECTED INFORMATION
- To operate and maintain the website;
- To respond to your comments or inquiries;
- To track and measure advertising on the website;
- To protect, investigate, and deter against unauthorized or illegal activity against the website;
HOW I STORE COLLECTED INFORMATION
The website may use third-party service providers to service various aspects of the Site.
Each third-party service provider’s use of your personal information is dictated by their respective privacy policies.
The website currently uses the following third-party service providers:
- WordPress. This system stores email addresses, names and IP addresses that are collected when you leave a comment on our Site. This information is only used to respond to your inquiries.
- Google Analytics. Non-personal information is collected and stored in Google Analytics for 50 months. When data reaches the end of the retention period, it is deleted automatically on a monthly basis.
This list may be amended from time to time in the website’s sole discretion.
THIRD PARTY LINKS AND USE
I have no control over these third parties and they have their own privacy policies. Neither am I responsible for the activities and practices of these third parties. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to this website, is subject to that website’s own terms and policies.
You should contact them directly and read their privacy policies for any questions.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
As a general rule, I do not disclose your personal information to third parties without your consent with the exception of the following circumstances:
I may disclose your information in order to comply with the European, Hungarian or any other regulations related to copyright infringement lawsuits or any other legal claims related to the website.
Anonymous data: I may use anonymous data such as generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information. Such data does not identify you personally. This type of anonymous data may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses. Examples of this anonymous data may include the demographic location of our readers, number of views to a specific page on the website, etc.
I may disclose your information to our trusted third parties that work with me such as my website hosting partners, email marketing service provider, other service providers that assist in the operation of the website, and any other affiliates and subsidiaries I rely upon to provide you products and services offered here.
SENSITIVE PERSONAL INFORMATION
At no time should you submit sensitive personal information (such as data concerning health) to this website.
WHAT RIGHTS YOU HAVE OVER YOUR DATA
If you have an account on this website, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data I hold about you, including any data you have provided to me. You can also request that I erase any personal data I hold about you. This does not include any data I am obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
GDPR VISITOR RIGHTS
Under the GDPR, if you are within the European Union, you are entitled to certain rights and information listed below.
I will retain any information you choose to provide to me until the earlier of:
- You ask me to delete the information by sending a request to hello (@) budapestconnection.com Please note that such requests may result in you no longer being able to access paid or free content previously provided to you.
- My decision to cease using my existing data providers.
- I decide to no longer be in business or continue to offer the services.
- The data is no longer needed to provide you service, is too costly to maintain further retention, or I find it outdated.
- You have the right to request access to your data that the website stores and the rights to either rectify or erase your personal data.
- You have the right to seek restrictions on the processing of your data.
- You have the right to object to the processing of your data and the right to the portability of your data.
If you have provided consent to the processing of your personal data, you have the right to withdraw that consent any time without affecting the lawfulness of processing based upon consent that occurred prior to your withdrawal of consent.
You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority that has jurisdiction over issues related to the General Data Protection Regulation.
I require only the information that is reasonably necessary to enter into a contract with you. I will not require you to provide consent for any unnecessary processing as a condition of entering into a contract with me.
This website is hosted by Siteground, a GDPR Compliant Web Hosting Company. SiteGround is a group of companies, all of which based in the EU with the exception of a US entity. The data center of this website is in Chicago, and EU clients’ data may be transferred to and processed by US entity as well. In accordance with the GDPR, the US entity offers the same level of protection of the EU data, as guaranteed in the GDPR, even though it is subject to the US jurisdiction. The way it is regulated is through Standard Contractual Clauses*.
Additionally, they are certified under the EU-US and Swiss-US Privacy Shield with the Department of Commerce that they adhere to the Privacy Shield Principles regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information from European Union member countries and Switzerland, respectively, so Siteground lawfully hosts EU client’ data on US servers.
Read about SITEGROUND DATA PROCESSING AGREEMENT here.
*The Standard Contractual Clauses are standard terms provided by the European Commission that can be used to transfer data outside the European Economic Area in a compliant manner.
Any transfers of your personal information from one country to another comply with thе data protection and privacy laws that apply.
European data protection laws, in particular, include specific rules on transferring personal information outside the EEA. When transferring personal information outside the EEA to the USA, Siteground includes the standard data protection clauses approved by the European Commission under Article 46.2 of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) into their contract with the US-based SiteGround group company or other Partners.
You can find out further information about the rules on data transfers outside the EEA, including the mechanisms that they rely upon, on the European Commission website here.
The security of your personal information is important to me, and I strive to follow generally commercial industry standards to protect your personal information submitted to me voluntarily and automatically.
The website uses Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software to encrypt the information you enter on website in order to protect its security during transmission to and from my site. When storing information, its security is protected by encryption and pseudonymization of critical data.
However, no method of transmission over the Internet is 100% secure and I cannot guarantee absolute security of your information. When you make a credit card purchase or purchase through any means on the website, you will be directed to a third party vendor to complete the transaction. Any information you provide during the checkout process is not stored on this website but instead provided to the third party vendor that completes the purchase transaction.
By using this website, you agree to hold me harmless for any security breach and for any unauthorized use of your personal information by third parties. You also agree that I cannot be held responsible for any disclosure of your information through my website without my knowledge and consent.
I hold the copyright of all the written content and all rights are reserved.Users are welcome to share the content via social media and other such channels by linking to content found on the website.No portion of the website may be reproduced, duplicated, copied, sold, or otherwise exploited for any purpose without express written consent.